'Cause if you're gonna eat a steak, why not make it a flavor bomb? Am I right?
This is one of the quickest and easiest ways to prepare beef. I'm actually a big fan of marinating when you have the time to do it, and that is usually what I do, but I wanted to try this just to see what happened. I'll admit that the steak wasn't quite as tender as when I take the time to marinate, but the flavor was amazing!
1-1/2 to 2 pound steak (whatever your favorite family-style grilling steak--sirloin, flank, skirt, etc.), about 1 to 1-1/2 inches thick
1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
1-1/2 teaspoons finely ground coffee
1 teaspoon coconut sugar
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon Tony Chachere's seasoning
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Preheat cast iron or griddle to medium-high heat and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Mix all dry ingredients together and rub generously over steak on both sides.
3. When pan or griddle is VERY HOT, sear steak for approximately 5-6 minutes per side. (This will obviously vary depending on the thickness of your steak and the temperature of your pan. Just don't overcook and lose the juiciness!)
4. Remove steak from heat, cover with foil to keep warm and allow to rest for 5 minutes. (Again, this is just a way to make sure it stays nice and juicy.)
5. Serve over salad or with your favorite sides. Enjoy!