This is so simple, it hardly seems right to call it a recipe. But y'all are busy, and you need some simple, yummy recipes. Am I right? This is a good one. It takes about 2 minutes to throw together, and if you scramble up some eggs and wash some fruit or veggies while it's in the oven, you can have a complete healthy and delicious meal in a matter of minutes.
Ham Steaks (about 1-1/2 to pounds)
6 tablespoons coconut sugar
6 tablespoons water
4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons mustard (I used Dijon, but any kind would work.)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon Tony Chachere's seasoning (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Mix together all ingredients except ham and Tony Chachere's.
3. Place ham in baking dish and pour basting liquid over the top.
4. Bake for about 10 minutes, until ham is heated through and sauce is bubbly and slightly thickened.
5. Serve by sprinkling with Tony Chachere's (if desired) and spooning a bit of pan sauce over the top.