Does anyone have a freezer full of blueberries at the end of summer? I hope so, 'cause this recipe is perfect for blueberries! I made this for breakfast this morning, but it would be just as good for dessert or really an any time snack. And all of the components can be made in advance so that you can build the end result any time you like in just a minute or two. Hope you enjoy!
For Lemon Ginger Blueberry Sauce:
1/4 cup coconut sugar
1/4 teaspoon stevia
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1/2 cup water
1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
1 pint blueberries (fresh is great, but frozen works too)
1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon stevia
1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
*Alternately, you could serve the sauce with sugar free frozen yogurt or just plain yogurt without the cream whipped in.
1. Combine sugar, stevia, and cornstarch in medium saucepan. Add water and melt mixture together over medium heat. Add grated ginger and blueberries and bring to boil, stirring frequently until blueberries burst and sauce thickens.
2. Remove from heat and add lemon zest, lemon juice and remaining blueberries.
3. Add heavy cream and 1/2 teaspoon stevia to mixer bowl. Beat at high speed to desired consistency. Remove cream from bowl and set aside.
4. Add Greek yogurt to mixer bowl and beat at high speed to desired consistency. Fold whipped cream into yogurt. (If you'd like, you can whip the cream and yogurt at the same time, but I find that each mixture gets a bit fluffier if you do them separately and then fold together.)
5. To serve, layer cream, then granola, then blueberry sauce and repeat.