10. Royals take Game 1 of the World Series!!! (I'm really trying to like baseball. Really I am. Either way, it's fun to watch a city come together and have fun with a winning team.)
9. The Royals blue orchid Jared brought home for me a couple weeks ago. So gorgeous!
8. My new Christmas wreath that I made all by myself. :-) Because my new front door needs a ginormous Christmas wreath this year, and I wasn't willing to pay for a pre-made one. ;-)
7. Not being able to recall the last time I had to drive in really bad traffic. It's been years, and I can't say that I miss it. :-D
6. Jared has been looking for some cajun food since we moved here. Last weekend he took us to Jazz, A Louisiana Kitchen. Oh man. It was the most authentic Louisiana food experience I've ever had outside of Louisiana. It tasted like my entire childhood right on one plate. SO. GOOD. Boudin, crawfish, Pontchartrain, gumbo, beignets and chicory all on the same menu.... ALL of the yeses!
5. The KC, MO zoo. We went last Saturday on a beautiful fall day, and almost ALL of the animals were out and active. Since I have a serious problem that probably requires therapy, I took over 500 pictures. I KNOW! I CAN'T HELP IT! THE ANIMALS! I will spare you and only post a few here, but please note how difficult it was for me to edit myself so severely. ;-) I really just wanted to take them all home with me. I should probably own a zoo.
4. This guy was my absolute favorite. I could have hung out with him all day.
3. Chatting with my crazy little niece a couple days ago, who very much speaks her own language (which I adore). This was awesome all by itself, but when my sister sent me this video to show me what was happening on the other end of the phone, it took it to a whole new level. I LOVE THAT LITTLE SASS! (Also--this went on for several more minutes, but I thought I would just offer the highlights. ;-) )
2. Listening to Macy and her new BFF compare mission trip stories and go on and on about all of the precious little ones they wanted to adopt. Sweetest thing ever.
1. Noticing moments of sanctification. I love it when something happens in my heart that I know could ONLY come from God.