Pumpkin Cheesecake Cookies

I try to live by something like an 85/15 rule when it comes to food. Meaning that 85% of the time, I want to feed my family (and myself) the most healthy and nutritious foods I can possibly get them to eat. The other 15%? Well, sometimes you just need to splurge a little. :-) To be clear, this recipe is a 15%er.

But also, true confession time: I don't really get the whole pumpkin craze. I know. I know. I should probably hand over my white girl card. I just don't care for all of the pumpkin-y stuff like a good yoga-pant-wearing white girl should. Can't help it. I'm telling you this just to let you know that I didn't actually taste these cookies, but everyone in my family gave them a big thumbs up, and the container I sent to a social event last night came back empty. So. I trust that they must be pretty good. ;-) Here's the recipe in case you'd like to check it out.


2-1/4 cups all purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon salt

1 package instant cheesecake pudding mix

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg

3/4 cups granulated sugar

3/4 cup packed brown sugar

1/4 cup vegetable oil

1/4 cup (half a stick) softened butter

1/2 cup pureed pumpkin (canned is fine)

1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

2 eggs

1 10-oz. bag cinnamon chips


1. In medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, pudding mix, cinnamon, and nutmeg.

2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

3. In mixer bowl, combine both sugars, butter, oil, pumpkin puree and vanilla, and beat until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, and beat after each until smooth.

4. Add dry mixture in 3-4 batches to mixer bowl, and blend after each addition until well-combined.

5. Fold in cinnamon chips.

6. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto baking stone, and bake for 9-11 minutes, until golden brown and set. Cool for 3-5 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.