10. We picked our first strawberry out of the back yard a couple days ago! Grace says it was delicous. I hope there will be many more!
9. When Grace and I got home Sunday night, this dude was sitting right in the middle of the driveway and would NOT move. I didn't want to run over him, but even when I pulled right up to him, he wouldn't hop away. Thinking something was wrong, I finally just got out of the car and picked him up so I could check on him. Turns out he was fine. Just super chill. ;-)
8. Summer has started for Grace! (Macy still has some finals to take, but she's getting close too!)
7. Our zoo got some koalas! And they are adorable.
6. On Sunday afternoon, I took Grace and her friend Gracie (I know, right? ;-) to the LEGO KidsFest. It was a lot of fun, and I am still amazed by what people are able to do with those simple little toys. Nothing short of brilliant.
5. Macy and some of her friends have been working really hard on a production of Beauty and the Beast with CYT here in Kansas City. There is a family sneak peek tonight and then shows every day Thursday through Sunday. I'm excited to get to see the results of all their hard work!
4. I accidentally discovered a whole list of live webcams featuring some of my favorite animals (which, of course, is pretty much every animal). Some of my favorites are the hummingbird nest (with 2 tiny little eggs in it), the African watering hole, the giant pandas, and the coral reef. But there are so many that are so much fun to watch. I'm gonna have to practice A LOT of self control to get anything done around here now that I know these exist. ;-)
3. Grace finished the school year Magna Cum Laude with a 4.0 grade point average. That's a lot of hard work! Good job, Grace! So proud of you!
2. Jared started writing his third novel about 10 years ago. He got about 1/3 of the way done and then had to set it aside for other (good) reasons. But he started working on it again last week. Last time, I was reading as he wrote. This time, just to make sure--I'm not reading until he's done. ;-) But I really want to know how it ends, so I really hope he has time to finish it in less than 10 years this time. :-D (The first part is really good.)
1. This is another kinda long story, but it's pretty awesome, so... On Easter Sunday morning, the Sunday School class Jared and I attended was taught by a man who is quite possibly one of the most thorough apologists I've ever met. He handed out a 4-page document listing all sorts of detailed historical evidence of the life, death and resurrection of Christ. It was incredibly well-done and helpful. Just a few days later, Macy (randomly) asked me if there were any Sunday School classes at our church that focused on apologetics. I told her we would certainly look into it (I LOVE the idea of her wanting to study apologetics!) THEN on Sunday at our church picnic, we were told that they are getting ready to divide the youth group and put the older kids (including Macy) into a separate class taught by none other than our new apologist friend, Jeremy. Thanks, God! :-)