10. Llamas. They're so weird and awesome. Here are a few that lived down the road from us when we were in Vermont. They are so much fun to watch.
9. Our downstairs carpet is installed and ready for visitors! It looks great, but it feels even better. So soft and squushy. :-) This was the last big piece we needed to get fully moved in and settled into our new house. I'm excited to finish unpacking and set up this space.
8. Strawberries. They are pretty much perfect.
7. Watching TWO American Ninja Warriors complete the entire course for the first time ever. The girls and I love watching that show. The athletes are so impressive and their back stories so inspiring, but my favorite thing about the show is that while it is obviously competitive, most of the contestants are each other's biggest fans and supporters. Very refreshing.
6. The Book Thief. Every bit as wonderful as the many recommendations I received. Somehow tragic and hopeful, heartbreaking and delightful at the same time. I will forever be haunted by the line, "It was a good day in Nazi Germany."
5. The Escape Room in downtown Kansas City. Y'all. This was SO MUCH FUN!!! They lock you in a room for an hour, and you have to use only the clues in the room to figure out how to escape. So creative and interesting! We were told this room has a 45% escape rate. We did it with less than a minute to spare. ;-)
4. Living within 45 minutes of my childhood BFF after only seeing each other in person twice in the last 20+ years. (That's her in the picture above.) So awesome. So thankful.
3. Finally got a hard copy of this. Due to release in October. So proud of Jared and how hard he continues to work to creatively communicate the Gospel.
2. Watching the lunar eclipse Sunday night. So fascinating. I'm kind of obsessed with the moon anyway. This was a whole new level of awesome.
1. Hebrews 1:3-5-- He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature, and he upholds the universe by the word of his power. After making purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, having become as much superior to angels as the name he has inherited is more excellent than theirs.
This is exquisite.