10. The sound of ice clinking into a glass and then cracking as liquid is poured over it. I know it's weird, but there is something oddly nostalgic and comforting about that sound that makes me happy.
9. Noticing beauty in the most random and unexpected places. Grateful when God opens my eyes.
8. The moon earlier this week. It was enormous and as red as I've ever seen.
7. Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation--Maybe my favorite of the entire series. It was a fun ride for sure.
6. The absence of physical pain and illness. It's easy to whine when I'm not at my best health-wise. But I know so many people who deal with severe pain and illness on a daily basis. I am not one of those people, which I take for granted far too often. Today I am grateful.
5. Libraries. I love everything about them. The smell of the books, the sound of cracking spines and turning pages. The hushed tones in people's voices and the gentleness in their movements. The entire experience is so peaceful and calming.
4. Looney Tunes. They really just don't make cartoons like those anymore. Classic.
3. Snapping fresh green beans. Always makes me think of my sweet Memaw.
2. The words, "Thanks, Mom!" So simple, but it makes me smile really big every single time.
1. Realizing that I never have to ask God to be near me, because He always is. Learning to pray instead that I will recognize His presence more readily and cling to Him more quickly.